The first event that occurs to
CREATE a depolarized neuron is_______
The next even that occurs during the
depolarization is_______________________ and it occurs at the
In order to create an action
potential at the axon hillock the following must occur
There are three varieties of Na+
gates, describe them and their action(s) and where they are located.
_______________________, _______________________, _______________
5. Diagram the location of each of the following ions to show the ion distribution of a resting neuron. Na+ Cl- AN/Pr- K+ Write the symbol LARGE if there is a greater amount in one area versus the other where you would write it small. What is the millivoltage of this neuron? _______
6. following the same idea as in question number 5. Show the ion distribution for a neuron that is depolarized. What is the milivoltage of this neuron?____ what are the K+ kates doing at this time? ________
Following the same idea as in
questions number 5 and 6, show the ion distrubution for a neuron that is
conducting an action potential. What is the millivoltage of this neuron?
_______. What are the K+ gates doing at this time? _____________
Again, using the same format as the
previous 3 questions, show the ion distribution for a neuron that is
hyperpolarized and experiencing the refractory period. What is the millivoltage
of this neuron? _______. What are the K+ gates doing at this time? _____________
9. What must occur to return
the neuron to its resting potential?___________________
10. Why is it a safe bet to describe neuron physiology regarding conduction of an action potential an "electro-chemical event"?
11. What "makes" the electrical current /action potential jump QUICKLY from one node of Ranvier to the next? ___________________________________________________